PS4 HDMI port repair. Is this the right repair for you?
– HDMI port looks physically damaged
– Pins bent inside
– HDMI port is loose
– Console still powers up and the light turns from blue to white
The KittDigital Service
- No-Fix No-Fee: If the manufacturer warranty seal is intact, our No-Fix, No-Fee policy means that you will not be charged if we cannot fix your device. However, if the seal is broken, a £30 fee will be retained as a repair attempt fee in case the system is deemed unrepairable.
- 3 – 5 working day standard turnaround: This ensures that we have enough time to thoroughly inspect, diagnose, and repair your Nintendo Switch Game Card Reader while minimizing the disruption to your gaming experience.
- High-quality parts only: At KittDigital, we only use high-quality replacement parts for all our repairs. This ensures that your repaired Nintendo Switch Game Card Reader will function as good as new and provide a reliable, long-lasting solution.
What causes a PS4 HDMI port fault?
The most common reason we hear is that the PS4 has been dropped or knocked while plugged in. This causes the HDMI cable to yank out and physically damage the port. It can also happen while plugging in the cable. The ports are quite delicate so if the HDMI cable isn’t plugged in carefully to the PS4 it can cause damage.
If the port doesn’t look damaged, there is another part of the motherboard that could have failed. See PS4 HDMI IC chip repair.
How do we repair a PS4 HDMI port?
To repair this fault we need to carefully strip the console down to the motherboard. From there we desolder the old HDMI port. The port is attached by 4 main holding legs that are through-hole soldered and the HDMI data pins are surface mounted so it is a delicate job. Once the old port is removed, the solder pads of the logic board are inspected for damage. If the original port is really badly yanked, this can cause damage to the motherboard and in some circumstances could be beyond repair (although that is very rarely the case).
Once we have cleaned up the board and prepped the solder pads for the new port, we solder the new HDMI port to the PS4. We reassemble the console and it goes down to our testing bench where all consoles are tested for at least 4 hours.