Looking to buy just the PS5 HDMI port? Check out our spare parts section: https://kittdigital.com/products/ps5-hdmi-port-oem-replacement-part
PS5 Digital Edition HDMI port repair. Is this the right repair for you?
>HDMI port looks physically damaged
>Pins bent inside
>HDMI port is loose
>Console still powers up and the light turns from blue to white
The KittDigital Service
- No-Fix No-Fee (If manufacturer warranty seal is intact, else a £30 fee will be retained as a repair attempt fee if the system is deemed a no-fix)
- 3 – 5 working day standard turnaround
- High-quality parts only
- Price includes parts
What causes a PS5 HDMI port fault?
There can be a number of reasons why the HDMI port on a PS5 might become faulty. Here are a few possible causes:
- Physical damage: The HDMI port on the PS5 can become damaged if it is subjected to physical force, such as being dropped or bumped.
- Wear and tear: Over time, the HDMI port on the PS5 can become worn out or damaged due to normal use.
- Corrosion: If the HDMI port on the PS5 is exposed to moisture or other corrosive substances, it can become damaged.
- Manufacturing defects: In some cases, the HDMI port on the PS5 may be defective due to a manufacturing error.
- Improper handling: If the HDMI cable is not inserted or removed properly, it can cause damage to the port.
- Power surges: A power surge can cause damage to the HDMI port on the PS5.
- Electrical interference: Electrical interference from other devices, such as a cordless phone or a wireless router, can cause problems with the HDMI port on the PS5.
- Software issues: In some cases, a software problem on the PS5 can cause issues with the HDMI port.
The most common reason we hear is that the PS5 has been dropped or knocked while plugged in. This causes the HDMI cable to yank out and physically damage the port. It can also happen while plugging in the cable. The ports are quite delicate so if the HDMI cable isn’t plugged in carefully to the Playstation 5 it can cause damage.
How do we repair a PS5 Digital Edition HDMI port?
To repair this fault we need to carefully strip the console down to the motherboard. From there we desolder the old HDMI port. The Playstation 5 Digital Edition HDMI port is attached by 4 main holding legs that are through-hole soldered and the HDMI data pins are surface mounted so it is a delicate job. Once the old port is removed, the solder pads of the logic board are inspected for damage. If the original port is really badly yanked, this can cause damage to the motherboard and in some circumstances could be beyond repair (although that is very rarely the case).
Once we have cleaned up the board and prepped the solder pads for the new port, we solder the new HDMI port to the PS5 Digital Edition Motherboard. We reassemble the console and it goes down to our testing bench where all consoles are tested for at least 4 hours.